Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mar. 9 - Jonathan

Jonathan is starting to refer to himself as "me" and "I" sometimes now, but other times he'll still say "you" or speak of himself in the third person with "he" or "Jonathan" (although he says it with more of a "tion" sound, like "imagination") or "you." For example, he'll say, "I running!" and "Give it to me." And when we bury him under his stuffed animals and ask, "Where's Jonathan?" he'll hop up, point at himself enthusiastically and declare, "Right there he is! I found me!"

Last weekend, when Chris and Jerry came back to our place after working on their folks' cabinets, Jonathan ran into the kitchen to greet them and exclaimed, "Daddy home! Jerry home!" Then he pointed to me, "Mommy home!" and himself, "Jonation home!" Then he went around giving everyone five, saying, "Daddy five! Jerry five! Mommy five!" and pointed to himself again and added, "You five," and clapped his own hand. What a character.

No comments:

Post a Comment