Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Saint Marys - Day 10

Aw, nuts. They had talked about discharging us possibly as early as this evening, but when the doctors did rounds this morning, it was mentioned that Garrett's weight was down slightly from yesterday (which I'll need to check on, because I thought it was actually up just a touch) and one of them thought he was breathing faster than yesterday as well. So they want to watch him for another day.

But it's better to be on the safe side, I guess. The last thing I want to do is bring him home and have him go into heart failure again.

It was also mentioned that the neurosurgeons had wanted another head ultrasound, so he'll probably have that today as well.

For the most part, though, this will be another slow day of waiting. I suppose I ought to take advantage and catch up on some sleep. Garrett has been spreading his feedings out during the day, but last night he was up every 1-1.5 hours to eat. I hope he gets into a more efficient routine soon, but the important thing is that he's eating and gaining weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment