Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Saint Marys - Day 11 - Post Op

Garrett has returned from his surgery and they said everything went fine. It's amazing how much relief can come with those three words. I won't have a lot of details about how much of the extra flow was addressed until I talk to the doctors, but it sounds like there are still plenty more feeders to deal with when he gets bigger.

Right now, we're just waiting for Garrett to wake up. I'm pretty sure they plan on taking the breathing tube out once he's more alert. It sounds like we'll stay in the PICU tonight and probably move back to the floor tomorrow. I don't know how long we'll be there before they'll send us home. Right now, I'm just glad our little guy did so well.

6 comments:

  1. That's great news!!! What a relief. Thank you for the update(s):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindi -

    I am so glad to hear that the surgery went okay. I've been thinking about little Garrett all morning.

    Robyn Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mindi - so glad to hear Garrett came through today's procedure - you all have been in my thoughts & prayers daily. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thankful to hear everything went so well today! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    What a wonderful blessing to be thankful for!!
    Jonathan had to "takeabath" with TyTy last night. He is just crazy about baths now. He slept well all night and slept in until 8:30 -- that is almost nap time. Hope all is well with recovery and Garrett continues to improve and get stronger today. We plan to take Jonathan with us to the Klein Thanksgiving at the Villa Maria about noon and then we are planning to see you with Jonathan later this afternoon.
    God bless you all!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete