Friday, December 11, 2009

Dec. 11 - Outcome

Final song of the day: The Boy's Gone (Home) by Jason Mraz

The long and short of it is that our little guy was a fighter, but he didn't make it. The procedure seemed to have gone well at first, but with the excess blood flow not having anywhere to go when the coils clotted over, some arteries ruptured and hours of trying to control the bleeding ensued. In the end, his brain went without oxygen for so long from the bleeding that even if they could get his heart back to pumping sufficiently, he was essentially already gone.

That's about all I can say right now. I don't want to hear any quaint comforts tonight. I don't want to hear that it will all be all right, or that God doesn't give you more than you can handle (obviously Garrett got more than he could handle, because he's not with us anymore), or that this is all part of some bigger plan.

I'm sure I'll have a cathartic, trying-to-process-it-all post later. I just don't have anything left right now.

10 comments:

  1. I love you Mindi. I will not say more than that. You are going through something that only you can deal with in a way that only you can. I am praying for you, Chris, amd Jonathan. I love you.......I am so sorry that you have to have this experience. I am so sorry I cannot fix this, that I cannot help you.

    WE ALL LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Garrett showed us more of who and what he was made of than most people do in a lifetime. He will be missed tremendously. May you feel God's loving arms around you all at this difficult time. Love Barb and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even begin to imagine how you and Chris must be feeling right now. I never know what sort of "quaint comforts" to offer anyways. I love you lots, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears...I am so so sorry. You are all in my prayers. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi chris and mindy, I am praying for you and God Bless you. I hope the the pain in your heart does not stay too long.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all here to help and support you and your family. Let us know if you need anything.

    Meagan & Steven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne and John Murphy and daughters have enrolled you in perpetual prayer with the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
    At 130 years and counting, the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration have been praying nonstop longer than anyone in the United States. The praying began on August 1, 1878, at 11 a.m. The sisters' hospital is part of Mayo Clinic.
    The Klein Family and those who walk with them will be prayed for in our Adoration Chapel and included on the daily intention sheet.

    May you experience the warmth of God’s Advent light.

    Sr. Constance S. Walton, FSPA

    912 Market Street
    La Crosse WI 54601

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad...I can't even imagine your grief. Thinking of you and your extended family and praying for the healing of your hearts. -Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mindi, Chris, Jonathan and Family and Friends:
    Our thoughts, prayers and hugs to you.
    Tammy and Andy Goemaat and Family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mindi,
    I'm so sorry. I was just recently made aware of your blog. Thank you for letting us into your life. I cannot begin to understand what you're going through. I'm praying for you and your family.
    Love,
    Cousin Becky

    ReplyDelete