Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Saint Marys - Day 17 - Going Home!

Yes, we're finally going home today! Woo-hoo! (I've had Michael Buble's song Home in my head since rounds this morning.)

Even though Garrett seems to be doing well with feeding, he hasn't been very consistent about gaining weight (did you know breast milk only has about 20 calories per ounce on average?), so they're sending us home with instructions to give him formula-fortified breast milk twice a day to increase his calories another four calories per ounce. That wasn't the plan at rounds this morning, but when the dietitian stopped in, I mentioned that I really don't have any issues if they want to supplement the breast milk just to be on the safe side. When she talked with the pediatric team, they agreed it would be best to do that.

But now I need to pack up and get ready to head out! I'll post more later.

5 comments:

  1. That is WONDERFUL news!!

    Robyn Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! We are so happy you get to go home and we'll keep praying. Try to get rest as much as you can Mindi. Take care of yourself. Love and God Bless You All--The Heim's P.S. Brandon wants me to tell you he is so happy to have another cousin. He also wanted me to tell you, "Brandon really wants to go to Lake City, but his mom says no. That's a funny joke!" --His words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindi and family, I'm so happy to hear this good news! I'm certain you'll rest better in your own beds. Hugs, LaVonne Jacobson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindi, Chris, Jonathan and Garrett - this is great news. I have been reading your blog everyday and each night at dinner I update my family on what has happened that day. My girls have been asking lots of questions and we have had a lot of interesting conversations! We have been praying and will continue to pray.
    We are thinking of you daily.

    Leslie Riess and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! We have been keeping tabs on everything through the blog. Quinn and Colin have been checking in as well; they are very concerned about the "other pair of brothers."

    I hope your first day has gone well. I had hoped to get out to visit you again, but it seemed so busy I didn't want to take your time.

    If you have time when you come for check-ups, please page me -- I'd love to run over and say "Hi" -- I'm in the Ozmun building again and would be happy to make a quick dash if I can.

    Take care -- you all remain in our thoughts and prayers.

    Jane Jacobs and "the guys"

    ReplyDelete