Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dec. 9 - Snow Day

Garrett's umbilical stump finally fell off yesterday. At 26 days, is that some kind of record? Maybe they did something to try to keep it intact while they had the UVC lines running through it in the PICU.

Today we would have been snowed in if Chris didn't have a truck with four-wheel drive. With that, he managed to escape the driveway and get to work just fine. I would have thought Bailey, our Chocolate Lab/German Wirehaired Pointer mix, would have had the sense to stay inside today, but I was wrong. She sleeps in the garage and usually runs outside when Chris leaves in the morning. Lately she's been annoying me by barking at deer or turkey or who-knows-what down in the woods about ten minutes after Chris leaves. If I'm not fast enough at getting her back inside, she blows my chance at sleeping in by waking up Jonathan.

This morning she just sat at the door and whined -- which has an equal chance of waking Jonathan. As I got out of bed to let her back in, I wondered why she didn't just go hide out in her dog house if she didn't like the cold and snow. When the sun came up, I discovered her dog house was essentially inaccessible. You can see just the roof of it in the picture below.



With all the drifting, it's hard to tell how much snow falls out here, but according to KARE 11, Wabasha topped off at 11 inches. Chris was our own Frosty the snowman as he plowed out our driveway.



And Jonathan thought he ought to get a ride in the skid loader.

1 comment: